Literary Scratchpad

Friday, December 02, 2005

Gadget Hiatus


Yes.. Hard to believe but yes I've sold my gadgets (Dell Axim X50, Samsung MP3 Player, Nokia 6600 and Nokia 6230i) and converted its revenue to multiple-account peso time deposits. The reasons for doing so: (1) I can't believe the value of my recently-bought Nokia 6230i phone depreciated by five thousand pesos in less than a month; (2) I needed money for a reason I cannot disclose as of this writing. Had the former never happened, I would not have done it and be satisfied with what I had.

So far, it's been a success. I don't miss them... at all. No kidding. I'm happy with my low profile lifestyle now. I must say it's even better. I don't have to worry about "hold-uppers" and "snatchers" anymore. I go to work without anything with me but my coin purse and a phased-out-but-still-functional cellphone... the Nokia 6510 which I traded for my Nokia 6230i with no regrets at all whatsoever.

So when will this gadget hiatus end? Only time will tell... and most especially when the "reason I cannot disclose as of this writing" materializes.

Stay tuned.